The grant helps UK-based competition administrators, competition programmers, brokers and/or bookers to journey to Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Sudan and South Sudan to conduct analysis geared toward igniting partnerships between the inventive sectors of the UK and East Africa by means of showcase and collaborative alternatives.
Analysis can take the next varieties:
- Conferences with potential artists and companions.
- Discovering out extra about your chosen artwork varieties’ ecosystem in a specific nation or nations.
- An understanding of artwork developments in East Africa.
- Assembly arts organisations and/or attending occasions and festivals with a view to programming or curating work within the UK.
The journey grant gives assist for 9 forms of artwork varieties:
- Visible Arts
The deadline for purposes is 17 September 2018.
The British Council’s East Africa Arts programme will award as much as 5 analysis grants and every applicant will obtain £2 500 ($3 300).
The journeys ought to happen between November 2018 and October 2019.To qualify for this grant candidates should:
- Have a minimal of 5 years skilled expertise of their sector.
- Reveal how the analysis proposal aligns with (or addresses) at the least one of many three key targets of the East Africa Arts programme.
- Reveal expertise in working with worldwide companions to ship and collaborative on arts programmes.
- Have a primary data of festivals within the area which is being visited (though the British Council will present assist in placing collectively an in depth programme).
Profitable candidates will probably be anticipated to do the next:
- Commit time earlier than the go to for preparation and analysis, together with a briefing session upfront (both in individual or by way of video convention) with the related British Council arts supervisor, in addition to a few of your contacts in East Africa.
- Share with the British Council’s East Africa Arts crew an exercise plan that outlines journey dates, artists/organisations/festivals you can be assembly and an outline of your targets earlier than departure for the analysis go to.
- Put up at least 10 photographs from every nation visited and publish a minimal of 1 weblog posts/articles by yourself platform, the British Council or one other platform excited about your perception.
- Use the #EastAfricaArts on all posts about this analysis journey throughout social media.
- Present a remaining report outlining the primary analysis discovering and potential strategies for future programmes. The report could possibly be in type of written, digital, movie, photograph essay, interviews or podcast.
- Organise, in session with the British Council, a public discussion board within the UK to share the analysis findings with the inventive neighborhood.
For the total British Council name, click on right here. To use for the journey grant on-line, click on right here. Go to the British Council’s official web site right here.