Norway in a Nutshell is a customizable journey plan that takes guests on an unforgettable tour of Norway’s verdant mountain terrain, by way of fjords and previous extra waterfalls than you possibly can rely. Tailor your itinerary on-line, then hop aboard to get pleasure from breathtaking Scandinavian surroundings by practice, bus, and boat!
My finest buddy and I just lately visited Norway for the primary time, flying out and in of the quaint coastal city of Bergen, a UNESCO World Heritage Website. With just one week to discover your complete nation, we have been trying to find sightseeing options that might take us all the way in which to Oslo, by the use of waterfalls, fjords, and snow-capped mountains. Enter Norway in a Nutshell, a enjoyable and straightforward strategy to plan picturesque travels throughout Norway.
Norway in a Nutshell: What’s it?
Norway in a Nutshell helps vacationers e book cross-country Nordic adventures, utilizing quite a lot of private and non-private transportation. Vacationers can traverse the nation in sooner or later, or, because the journey plan is totally customizable, lengthen their journey to incorporate excursions or in a single day stays.
Norway in a Nutshell: One-Manner or Spherical-Journey?
Take a one-way journey from Bergen to Oslo, journey the reverse route, or attempt a round-trip tour. Regardless of the itinerary, you’ll be having fun with Norway’s picturesque countryside in a enjoyable and fascinating approach.
My buddy and I wished to see as a lot of Norway as doable in a single day, so we selected the day journey from Bergen to Oslo. This was our schedule:
- 08:43 – Prepare departure from Bergen Railway station (native practice, no seat rerservation)
- 09:56 – Arrival at Voss Railway station
- 10:10 – Bus departure from Voss to Gudvangen, passing by way of farmland, the Stalheimskleiva hairpin bends, and panoramic views by way of the Nærøy valley
- 11:20 – Arrival at Gudvangen
- 11:45 – Fjord cruise departure from Gudvangen to Flåm on the Nærøyfjord and Aurlandsfjord
- 13:15 – Arrival in Flåm; keep for practically three hours to get pleasure from lunch and procuring
- 16:05 – Prepare departure from Flåm on the Flåm Railway
- 17:03 – Arrival in Myrdal to alter trains
- 17:54 – Prepare departure from Myrdal to Oslo by the Bergen Railway (regional practice, reserved seat, eating automobile)
- 22:35 – Arrival at Oslo Central Prepare Station
It was a variety of floor to cowl, however the jaw-dropping surroundings made the day fly by!
Norway in a Nutshell: Find out how to Pack?
I used to be involved that bringing our baggage alongside on our one-way journey can be a problem, as we switched from practice to bus to coach to boat. However, I needn’t have fearful. Altering transportation with suitcase in tow was by no means an enormous inconvenience. And, there was loads of cupboard space for my small curler bag in every automobile. The one time my bag was a hassle was in the course of the three-hour layover in Flåm, the place we frolicked procuring in small, crowded shops.
In case you are a fearful about coping with your suitcase, you possibly can look into privately operated porter companies. These companies will decide up your baggage at your lodge in Bergen and ship it to your lodge in Oslo, for a price. (Word: This feature won’t work if you’re staying at an Airbnb.)
Norway in a Nutshell: Good for Children?
Children beneath 4 can journey totally free, however they may nonetheless want a reservation. Right here are some things to contemplate earlier than reserving your Norway in a Nutshell package deal with littles in tow:
- It’s an extended day in the event you attempt to cross the nation in a single go. You might wish to plan an in a single day keep in Flåm to interrupt up the journey.
- There is perhaps some speeding concerned. Think about working to catch a bus, whereas carrying your suitcase, and coping with a toddler and their bag as properly.
- There aren’t any loos on the bus and that leg of the journey is an hour lengthy.
- Not each practice has meals choices. Pack snacks!
Norway in a Nutshell: What Occurs When a Prepare is Delayed?
On the very first leg of our Norway in a Nutshell itinerary, we skilled a 15-minute practice delay. I used to be nervous that this may make us miss our bus on the subsequent cease. However, transportation delays are frequent and the buses watch for delayed passengers.
Norway in a Nutshell: How A lot Will it Price?
The value of your Norway in a Nutshell tour will depend upon the journey choices you choose. You can begin your journey in Oslo, Bergen, Voss, or Flåm. The tour may be accomplished in sooner or later, or over the course of a number of days. Costs begin at $166 USD.
Norway in a Nutshell: Know Earlier than You Go?
A very powerful factor to know is that Norway in a Nutshell is an unimaginable expertise that serves up breathtaking views round each twist of the monitor and switch of the fjord. Prepare rides cross shortly and the stops break up the tour making for an satisfying day! Listed here are just a few suggestions that can assist you get pleasure from your travels to the fullest:
- There aren’t any unhealthy sides to take a seat on, as photograph ops are plentiful, however touring from Bergen to Oslo we loved sitting on the left aspect of the practice from Bergen and the correct aspect of the bus from Voss.
- Snacks have been sparse on early legs of our journey. Later within the day, we ate a scorching canine lunch on the fjord cruise, a bakery deal with and tea in Flåm, a waffle snack on the practice station café in Myrdal, and dinner on the practice to Oslo.
- On the practice from Myrdal to Oslo, be looking out for Finse, a small railroad city that has no roads. This city is so distinctive, it was used as a filming location for Star Wars, as the ice planet Hoth within the The Empire Strikes Again.
Prepared to begin planning your Norwegian journey? Go to the Norway in a Nutshell web site for extra data!