The Inexperienced Season in Southern Africa continues in to February, which sees summer season rainfall and, in flip, vibrant and plush vegetation. The air is crisp and clear after rainfall making it the most effective occasions for images.
Our tented safari camps in Hwange Nationwide Park have been receiving good rains for the previous few weeks. Every day afternoon thunderstorms cool issues down after a sizzling summers day. The ethereal skies that accompany these thinderstorms are good for dramatic images alternatives, making Hwange the most effective locations to go to in Zimbabwe. Our luxurious safari lodges in Botswana; Linyanti Bush Camp, Linyanti Ebony and Khwai Tented Camp have been experiencing rains since mid-December with a excessive of 82.7ml recorded in January. These rains have led to lush vegetation and good grazing for the herbivores and their younger, which in flip, attracts a excessive quantity of predators. Thorntree River Lodge within the Mosi-Oa-Tunya Nationwide Park, Zambia is experiencing good rains and the Victoria Falls are producing an exquisite spray. Rain in these areas will feed the wildlife and ensure younger cubs, calves and pups develop as much as be wholesome adults.
Whereas there was planty of rain in Zimbabwe and Botswana, and with most of our friends combining their African safari with a go to to Cape City and you might have heard that the Mom Metropolis is affected by one of many worst droughts in 100 years. If you’re extending your vacation to Cape City earlier than or after your safari, don’t be discouraged however please do be conscious of your utilization and use water responsibly. Authorities and personal stakeholders are implementing plans for Cape City to stay a sustainable vacation spot. Capetonians and guests to the attractive area are being inspired to push again Day Zero (when the faucets run dry) by doing all the things of their energy to protect what they at present have.
Concern not, baths at Somalisa are guilt-free as we recycle and filter the water which is pumped in to the pan in entrance of camp for wildlife.
Listed here are some issues to keep in mind in case you are travelling to Cape City
– Travellers can have entry to protected consuming water and sufficient water for a 2-minute bathe to keep up every day hygiene
– Faucet water is drinkable, however as dam ranges drop, please be socially accountable and purchase bottled consuming water to additional municipal water shops and assist us to maintain Day Zero at bay. Please solely drink bottled water from a good supply
– Please re-use towels and be conscious of laundry utilization
– Attempt to flush as little as potential. “If it’s yellow, let it mellow” has turn into town slogan
– Some accommodations could have closed their swimming pools however you possibly can nonetheless go to the tidal swimming pools the various tidal swimming pools alongside Cape City’s prestigious seashores.
– Report leaky faucets to lodge employees/ AirB&B hosts
With everybody within the metropolis coming collectively to assist save this valuable useful resource, day zero has been pushed again from the 12th of April to the 4th of June 2018.
Don’t let the water scarcity discourage you. Cape City remains to be a phenomenal metropolis with many fantastic actions and spectacular experiences. We hope for good winter rains come June.